CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, May 02, 2008

Remembering Mom

Today, May 2nd 2008, is the first anniversary of my mom's death. She is really on my mind today and I am missing her a lot. Today is also XuXu 18th month birthday. I know my mom would have loved her and I really wish she could have met her.

I know that I inherited my love and compassion for others (such as other cultures and orphans and the poor) from my mother. She raised my sister and I to value and love all people and to treat everyone with respect. My mom was a very accepting, loving and generous person. She always put others first, almost to a fault. She was strong, intelligent, selfless and never afraid of being herself. She fought a courageous battle with cancer for 5 years with a positive outlook and dignity.

I love you and miss you mom. Following are some photos of my mom and our family through the years that we showed in a slide show at memorial service last year.


This is my favorite photo of my mom as a girl


This is my parents wedding day. Their grand entrance.


This is a family photo from when I was about 6 or 7. I am on the left and my sister Gwenda is on the right. My sister is sitting in my Grandmother's (my dad's mom) lap.


This is my mom and I on my wedding day.


This is my mom and dad on a big game fishing trip in Baja California. I love how happy they look in this picture.


This is my mom with her two brothers (Walter, younger, on the left and Charlie, older, on the right). This is the last time she got to see them. They came out to California to visit her early in her cancer struggle.


This is me and my mom on Mother's day in 1994. We took her and Bill's mom to a special brunch at a restaurant here in Ventura. This is my favorite photo of the two of us.

If you are blessed to still have your mom, give her a hug today or call her and tell her you love her.

10 comments:

Mrs. L. Ramos said...

What a special post you share with us. May we take those wonderful qualities from our moms and give them to our little ones. xoxo, LD :)

Teresa =) said...

Amorisa -

What a beautiful tribute to your mother! She may not have met XuXu here on Earth, but you can be assured she's watching all of you closely from heaven.

Think I'll go call my mom...

Teresa =)

Unknown said...

Wish I could. My mom passed away from cancer on March 7th, 2004. Just 5 days before her only grandaughter was born in China. She met Peter and he was 4 when she died. I can totally relate to your story.

Teresa H

matt said...

Amy Lynn,

So sorry to hear about your mother. What a beautiful post.

I have something I would like to send you if you will e-mail me your mailing address: mattlinden@msn.com

Blessings,

Matt

Jennifer said...

Aimee,

What a special remembrance you have created here for you Mom! Thank you for sharing this story and these pictures with all of us. It is quite evident that she was a very special lady. Our prayers are with you in this time, as I know you love and miss her very much.

Hugs,
Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures you chose... and you don't want to scrapbook!! The family picture of when you were 6 or 7- I could totally tell that was you!! I showed Dan and he knew it was you right away too!!

Jennifer said...

Aimee,

I'm wishing you a...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

...and many blessings as you spend this special day with your hubby and 2 precious children!

I'm sending you a big hug :-)

Love,
Jen

Redmom2005 said...

Happy Mother's Day, Amorisa! I am so sorry for your loss...I know it's times like these (Mother's Day) that make it tough! But, cherish all of the wonderful memories you have! How nice of you to share these photos with all of us! Thanks :)

Erin DeNicolo

Anonymous said...

How's XuXu doing? Are you blogging somewhere else? I really like reading about Zion and XuXu.
sharon

amorisa said...

Sorry Sharon, I have been finding it hard to blog with caring for two kids (one being a toddler) XuXu is yelling as me now for being on the computer. I will try to update soon.