CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, February 18, 2008

XuXu's Room





It's so nice to have a nursery again... and the room is not as difficult for me emotionally as I thought it would be. Let me explain...

After we moved Zion to his surf themed "big boy" room, the nursery became a guest room and office for my husband. The decor didn't really change much. The baby things got put away and a desk and office things got put in. There was also a twin bed in there for guests. For years that was what it was.

Well, at the end April of 2007 when my mom finally got out of the hospital after a three month stay (she was fighting cancer... actually an infection that was a complication of the cancer). She came to live with us because she was still too sick to go all the way home, which was in a small town in Northern CA. She was with us for only three days, when her condition deteriorated and I had to take her back to the hospital. From there it was a rapid down hill slide and she passed away on May 2nd 2007.

So needless to say that since then, that room has been difficult for me to spend time in. I wasn't sure I could handle it being XuXu's room at first, especially without radically changing it. Well, because everything is suddenly moving so fast with the adoption we don't have time to change it. So I had to just set it back up. I've added a couple of girly-er touches. So now that it's done it feels like a sweet happy nursery and reminds me of when my son was a baby. Thank God for the peace He provides. And it is somehow a connection between XuXu and my mom... miss you Mom, love you.

12 comments:

Denise said...

Just found your blog! We are another AW family waiting on our TA too...we may travel together...come on TA's!!!

Mrs. L. Ramos said...

It looks beautiful, Amiga!! Can't wait to see you shining little face -
Tia LaDonna :)

lnstryker said...

It's beautiful Aimee. Looks like it is a catalog.

Jennifer said...

What a sweet, gorgeous room! It is so evident how much little XuXu is loved.

I'm so sorry about your mom. She would have loved rocking her grandaughter to sleep in this peaceful room. She, too, knows how much you love her.

Your AWAA friend, and hopefully travel buddy,
Jennifer Johnson

Redmom2005 said...

Oh, Amorisa....I recognize the Language Littles "Ling" doll in the 1st picture!! We bought one for our daughter (she was 2.5 when we adopted her from China). She LOVED this doll :) She slept with it every night, and carried it with her everywhere! I hope XuXu enjoys hers!!

Erin
adoptedfromhefei yahoo group

Tina said...

Amirosa,
Her room looks adorable! You can't even tell that it once was a little boy's room! Praying that we hear of our TAs soon (preferably tomorrow!)!!!
Blessings,
Tina Salvador

Denise said...

Just checking for TA news...I am going crazy here~

Denise said...

Congrats on your TA. I am praying for a big batch on Monday!!

Sharon said...

Hi Amorisa,
I just read through your blog after seeing your TA post. Hopefully we will travel together!!
We have a lot in common with our passion for adoption at a young age and my husband is part Asian...no infertility issues here but I love your heart for you family and the Lord!
Hopefully we will meet in China!
Your daughter is beautiful! Oh...we have dear friends who chose the name Zion for their son after losing two to miscarriage and one son dying w/in minutes of being born. They also loved the meaning and felt it was for them!

Sharon said...

I read through your blog after seeing your TA post. Hopefully we will go to China together!
We have a lot that is similiar in our stories, our passion for adoption at a young age and my husband is half asian..Chinese we think..no interfility issues here but your love for your family and the Lord is obvious. Would love to meet you in China! We also have friends who named their son Zion after two miscarriages and their first son dying within minutes of being born. They loved the meaning and felt it was for them! Anyway, praying our Ta comes next week and we will travel together!

Anonymous said...

The room is beautiful, warm, and welcoming. I can't wait to see is filled with XuXu's sweet face.
xoxo
j

Christi and Abbey said...

XuXu's room is gorgeous! Full of hope and sweet dreams. Your mom's heart is shining down from heaven smiling on that place.
I love all the beautiful things you got at your shower too.