CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Can you say "exhausted"?

Hi there playhouse friends! The secret word of the day is "exhausted"! Whenever you here the word "exhausted" scream real loud! ;)

I think the only other time I have been this exhausted is a couple of days after giving birth to Zion. You run the "Marathon" that birthing a child is and then you get to be sleep deprived for days on end. International adoption is kind of like that.
Your schedule and everything that you're familiar with is messed up, the child's schedule and everything that they're familiar with is messed up... this is one of the hardest things I have ever done. And the most exhausting! (All you BTDT's are nodding your heads.)

Zion has been a trouper through it all (most of the time... everyone has their moments). I know all of this has been very difficult for him too, but my patience towards him has not displayed this understanding. I need to do better for my special boy.

Today we had the medical exam for XuXu (all the adopted kids do this in order for them to be allowed to immigrate to the US.) And it felt like they all were there in that crowed medical office ;). I found out the XuXu had no ear infections (didn't think she did, they just check them all) and no fever. She is a healthy 25lbs. (You should see the guns I'm building now!;) ) and 82cm long (conversion table anyone?).

After the medical exam the parent most familiar with the paperwork got to go to the "not really a party, paperwork party" (any guess as to what the gender of 90% of the people was). We all spent about an hour filling out forms. Yay! This is the last paperwork we do in China. At least we did it in a very comfortable conference room in the hotel. And it gave PaPa and XuXu some important bonding time. But it still made me dizzy.

The weather here in Guangzhou is tropical (right up the alley of this Hawaii fan). It rained all day but it was warm and humid. The moist air is really helping with my coughing and congestion. I'm feeling much better and so is Bill (thanks for praying).
My ribs are still so strained that I'm beginning to feel like an Ibuprofen junkie. I'm almost out though, and we haven't found any more yet.

The more comfortable XuXu gets with us the more playful she is, which is very playful, fun and adorable, but the more challenging she is. So pray for energy and upper body strength ;). She is strong and wiggly, and difficult to hold on to at times, but often I have no other choice. Also pray for me to be able to affirm and support Zion better through this. Poor Zion has been getting beat on by his little sister. She hit him on the head with a brush, threw her stacking cups in him face, scratched his face and that's just what I can think of.

I have to go to bed now, I'm exhausted. AAAAAAHHHHHHH! (Did you scream?)

Happy Easter everyone! Tomorrow is Easter! I'm ending with a fun picture of Zion on the Great Wall of China.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Easter. I've been checking your blog like 3 times a day or something. We had home group at Bill and Rhonnie's last night and everyone looked at all your pictures!!

Love u guys
jenn

damon & linda said...

Hey Amorisa! LOVE the pee wee reference - even in your 'exhausted' (AHHHHH!) state. :-) Have been following your blog daily since before you left and love every post. We don't have referral yet so soak up all your experiences vicariously. :-) Praying for your continued recovery of health and a big resurgence of just the energy you and your family need to really enjoy the remainder of your trip. Fondly, the Beckers

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness! Your trip is sounding more and more like mine! I hate to keep comparing, but really! Peter was a trouper too (I even said that on my travel website) and he really lost it while we were in Guangzhou, 2 days before we left (I was surprised it took him that long!) and he had a meltdown thinking we didn't love him anymore, he was being replaced by Caroline, etc. We took some time to reassure him that it wasn't the case and spend some time with him too.

Hang in there, you will be home soon and into a routine before you know it. Get some help for when you do come home because jet lag is terrible. Mine hit me 3 days after we arrived home. In addition, both Rick and I kept waking up wondering what hotel we were in. That lasted 2 weeks!

We are sooo happy for you and Bill. We'd love to get together with you when you've recovered. I'm sure the boys will love playing together!

Teresa

Michele said...

Thank you so much for your blog, it is great to keep up with you. I cannot tell you how happy we are for this precious gift, only wish we were there to share, just know we are celebrating on your behalf!! God is good.