CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, March 10, 2008

Packing Chaos!

Well, we finally seem to be on the mend from all the colds and infections. So first, thank you for all the prayers! We are all still sniffling and coughing, however. But we have ONE MORE DAY! till we're "leaving on a jet plane..." (I know, I know, corny. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.) Hooray!

But... right now we are in the midst of trying to figure out how to pack! AAAHHHHHH! I have never been a light packer. But I must be for this trip. Especially because the flights we take from city to city in China have pretty strict luggage weight restrictions. Only 44lbs. of checked luggage per person. And I have 4 people to pack for and only three people on on first flight from Beijing to Hefei. So... where to put the stuff for the 4th person? (Albeit a small person, but you know how much stuff we moms carry around daily in just a diaper bag, not to mention enough stuff for about 10 days.) I plan on have clothes laundered there and bringing what I consider to be the bare minimum... but... where do I put it?




















Well, I better go figure that out.

By the way... Thank you very much to Shannon, who helped to clean our house today, to Aracely who brought us lunch, and to Dora who got those last four "Benjamin's" for me. What thoughtful and loving friends I am blessed with. I don't know what I'd do with out you women. Also for you readers who live here in beautiful Ventura (Surf, Shop, Stay) Shannon White is coordinating, meals for when we get home. You can contact her at shanmere@gmail.com if you would like to join in.

All of my friends, local and on-line, have been so encouraging and supportive. I feel humbled and deeply blessed. Thank you.

Stay tuned... my next post will be from China!

1 comments:

forever sisters... said...

Wonderful that you are feeling better! You are almost there...I can't wait to follow you on your journey! One packing tip: if you think you have packed too many clothes (for yourself) you probably have!! Simple, I know, but I found it to be true. Have fun.

Carrie
a Hefei Mom