CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Second Shower for XuXu

Sorry about the delay in posting friends. All the travel preparations are keeping me busy (we leave in 6 days from today!) And I caught a cold on top of everything. It has me definitely slowed down, but it seems like I will be over it before we leave.

So about the shower... on February 23rd some of my beautiful bridge women friends threw a shower for me. It was masterminded by "my pretty lady" Kat, hosted at the gorgeous home of Tracy, and Jen N. and Jen L. helped with the planning. And also Robyn and Dara were there helping out too.

It had a Chinese theme. The decorations were my favorite colors red and aqua blue and pink too, because "It's a Girl!" Tracy planned a delicious lunch of Chinese chicken salad, egg rolls, pot-stickers, rice (a must at a Chinese meal), fruit salad, and fortune cookies. Jen L. made a super yummy chai iced tea. Jen N. planned the games: a fun quiz about XuXu and I, the classic safety pin don't say "baby" game, and a game inspired by a Chinese baby shower game where the guests try to find the baby's name in balloons (but we used envelopes). Kat coordinated everything, did the invites, cake, balloons... etc. etc.

It was all wonderful, but what blessed me the most and my favorite part of it was getting to see and visit with all my old bridge women friends. I have missed them all so much since the bridge dissolved last fall. (The bridge was our church that, we helped to plant in 1997.) Such a loving, strong, creative, giving, wise and Godly group of women. I love you all and I'm a grateful to call you all friends.

Here are pictures from the shower! Enjoy!














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey pretty lady! What fabulous pictures! And what precious words to say... I'm humbled and yet feel a sense of accomplishment at the same time (hee hee) I know you'll understand that statement!
I know you will feel all better by the time you leave! I just know it! I know alot today ha!
Love you dear friend. We'll chat soon. oxoxo Kat

Denise said...

What wonderful friends you have. I am going to be busy following everyones blogs the next 2-3 weeks. I am so excited for you!

Redmom2005 said...

Gracious sakes alive....what a GREAT shower!! Look at all of that wonderful stuff!! You must be feeling on top of the world right now!! Soooooo soon you'll be on your way to that precious little girl! I hope you get feeling better, though!!

Blessings -
Erin DeNicolo

Elissa said...

Loved reading your blog and look forward to meeting you in China!

Elissa

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, she is so beautiful. I cried when I saw the pics of all of you together. I am excited to meet her but I think I am going to have to exchange the clothes I bought her. She has grown so much since the last pics I have seen of her. I love the pic of her Zion and the one of you asleep with her! Okay, I'll contain myself. Can't wait to see her strolling the neighborhood with her big bro. Hugs to you and your family.
Clarissa Paz