CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 07, 2008

What a Day!

We really need prayer! I feel like we have been under attack this week. I have been sick and unable to do much (so needless to say I'm way behind on packing). My son came down with pink eye today (thank God on Friday instead of Saturday, because I could still go to the doctor to take care of it instead of spending hours in the emergency room.) And today I had to spend the whole day driving around town try to get the $5000 in crisp $100 bills for the in China adoption fees. UGH!

Let me explain that... about 4 weeks ago I went to my bank (should I say who they are?... hmmm... let's just say their initials are WM) to ask about getting the crisp and clean bills. I wanted to know if I would have to order them or could I just come in and get the money any time. The teller I talked to said "Oh, we always have plenty of crisp bills, that will be no problem any time."

WRONG! When I went in this morning they said that for the amount I needed I should have ordered it and they could only give me what they had on hand... which was only $700. They did ask if I wanted to order it, but it wouldn't be ready till at least Wednesday... TOO LATE! So... I spent the rest of the day (till 5:30pm) going to every branch of my bank in driving distance (and some other banks too) to try to piece together all that we need. Well long story short, I'm still short $400 in clean $100 bills. I hope I can get them by Tuesday. I'm so mad at my bank right now for giving me the wrong information that I could strangle the teller who told me that I could "come in any time."

Sorry to vent. I'm just so frustrated and exhausted right now. I can't wait to be on the plane and have all this behind me.

6 comments:

Redmom2005 said...

Hey, Amorisa....as long as the bills aren't "ragged" looking, they should be okay! I know they tell you "crisp....new $100 bills" - but we had a similar problem a couple of years ago and we had to take about HALF of the bills in "circulated" money! This was not a problem. We were told that they just didn't want creased several times, wadded up, been through the washer kind of money! So, try not to be tooooooo worried! Everything will be fine! It's almost time to go get that precious little girl!!!!! Can't wait to see those first pictures of XuXu finally with mama!!!

Erin DeNicolo

amorisa said...

Thanks Erin!
That is so helpful. The info our agency sent us made it seem like they have to be perfect.
Thanks for keeping up with my blog. You are a blessing!
Amorisa

Trish said...

Hi Amorisa...I was just reading your e-mail concerning the $5000 and I wanted to let you know not to fret too much about that. We are leaving on Wednesday for China as well and I have been following Janis Wells this week while she has been in Hefei and she let me know that the Hefei orphanage actually wants the donation in their currency, so need for perfect bills as it will have to be exchanged before we pay it. Hope this helps a little! We will be seeing you soon!

Blessings,
Trish Gerber

Unknown said...

The other posters are correct about them not being "crisp". However, I must add that they cannot have any writing on them either. This one I know firsthand.

Other than that, circulated bills are fine as long as they are in pretty good condition.

Teresa

Anonymous said...

Hi Amorisa, my friend Beth Gordon told me I HAD to get in touch with you. We're in the process of adopting our baby girl from Northern Vietnam (where the extreme cold front you are talking about and the rhino virus has killed over 19 babies in the orphanages) so I know what you have been going through. Our daughter's orphanage is a little shack with no insulation, no heating, and cloth instead of glass covering the windows. There are no cribs, they just tie 6 babies together to a hammock. Yes, to sit back and trust that God will take care of her has been a test of faith. Our adoption has been over a two year process and we are waiting for the US Embassy in Vietnam to approve our I-600 so we can hop on the next flight out to get her. Any day now!!!
I am so excited for you that your journey is almost at fruition and you will soon be holding your adorable little girl.
Many many blessings to you as you prepare for your trip. Take it easy and take care of yourself.

Shere' Clifford

amorisa said...

Hi Shere',

Nice to meet you. Wow! It sounds like things have been rough for the orphans in Vietnam. I'm glad the weather is warming up.

Blessings for your the rest of your process to be speedy, so yo can get your daughter home too.
Amorisa