CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

OK... so I'm not in China... yet

I can't sleep. I woke up around 3:30-4:00AM after finally getting the packing thing mostly figured out at around 12:00AM (emphasis on mostly). I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve or the night before a trip to Disneyland. I never slept on those kind of nights as a kid. It's just like that feeling, only I think more intense.

In 24 hours from now we will be at LAX (going through security... not looking forward to that). It's such a strange feeling that this is finally happening. My heart is in my throat with nerves and anticipation. What will she look like? How has she grown? Will she recognize us from the pictures we sent? How will Zion do on the plane? Did I pack warm enough clothes for the Great Wall? (The first time I was there it was the end of December and it was cold enough to be dressed like the little brother in "A Christmas Story".) In Beijing, we walked across the lake at the Summer Palace to see the Marble Boat over the ice! It was that cold. There are so many thoughts racing through my head.

Well... I know that God has been guiding us through this process, even when it really didn't feel like it sometimes through that long wait. I know he will continue to do so. " 'For I know the plans I have for you', declares the Lord, 'plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you a hope and a future.' " Jeremiah 29:11

Looking toward the future...
Enjoying the joy of today.

0 comments: